- Submission Opens: January 16, 2017
- Submission Deadline: February 27, 2017 (Midnight EST)
- Curator Selection: March 6, 2017
- Artists Notification: March 14, 2017
- Exhibit Opens: March 24, 2017
"The deeper the blue becomes, the more strongly it calls man towards the infinite, awakening in him a desire for the pure and, finally, for the supernatural... The brighter it becomes, the more it loses its sound, until it turns into silent stillness and becomes white."
--- Wassily Kandinsky
Twenty artists will be selected for an online group exhibit, "Seeing Blue", at Gallery25N; the exhibit and artists will be extensively marketed worldwide to over 22,500 people including art buyers, gallery owners, curators, collectors, etc. Participants must be 18 years of age or older working in any still art medium.
Theme and Selection: "Seeing Blue" - The curators are looking for work based on art of any subject that is enhanced through the use of the color blue. Whether it is a single dot or a completely blue image, color should enhance and reflect the narrative of the work's subject. Blue in its symbolic context has the capacity to bring forth a wide range of emotions. Consider, for example, expressions such as the "blue marble" earth or the "impassioned rhythm of Blues music." Your piece should capture a mood, relay a message, and inspire thought, hope, or perhaps sadness, etc., all through the application of blue. Color can be used to elevate, emphasize, or be a focal point in the art. The creative challenge here rests upon your unique concentration of blue. Your works can be expressed from representational, expressionistic, surrealistic, or abstraction.
Eligibility & Mediums: This competition is open to all artists and photographers 18 years of age or older. Entries must be created in any still medium, e.g., paint, drawing, photography, sculpture, installation, digital, collage, or fiber art.
Our mission is to provide artists/photographers with exposure and extensive marketing of their work and accomplishments to our international list of clientele.
Extensive Marketing of the Exhibit and Artists:
Gallery 25N's mission is to provide artists with exposure and extensive marketing of their art and accomplishments to our international list of clientele. Gallery25N.com and Art-Competition.net will co-market the artists and their work in the exhibition worldwide in the following ways:
- Invitations: An electronic invitation for the online exhibit's opening will be sent to the combined international clientele lists of Gallery25N.com and Art-Competition.net. These lists exceed 21,400 recipients.
- Press Release: Extensive press release announcements will be sent out for the opening of the Group Exhibit. The press releases will provide an international buzz about the exhibit and the artists' work.
- Event Listings & Calendars: The group exhibits will also be promoted in numerous online event listings. These event lists not only provide a timely promotion of the exhibit they also provide ongoing social media marketing.
- Social Media Marketing:The exhibition, artists and their artworks will be marketed through Art-Competition.net, International Artists Directory and Gallery 25N's social media-marketing network via LinkedIn, Pinterest, Tweeter, GooglePlus, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
- Art Market Newsletter: The Artists and the exhibition will be featured in
"Art Market News™" with over 22,600 subscribers in the art market place worldwide. Subscribers consist of art buyers, fine art galleries, corporate art buyers, exhibit curators, fine art agents, architects, property developers, interior designers and art lovers. ArtMarketNews.net provides links back to the artists’ website.
- Online Presence: After the exhibit ends, the artists’ exhibit will remain in the "Past Exhibits" section of Gallery 25N's website with a back-link to the artist's websites.
- A video is created of the artists work and exhibit for publication on Gallery 25N’s website and YouTube Channel, www.youtube.com/user/Gallery25N. The video will be promoted in all of our online marketing venues.
Entry Fee: $25 for up to three entries and $5 for each additional image.
(No limit on the number of additional entries submitted.)
You will receive an email notification once your submission is complete.
We look forward to seeing your artwork!
All credit and debit cards are accepted through PayPal.